intro(3) -- Linux man page
NAMEintro - Introduction to library functions
DESCRIPTIONThis chapter describes all library functions excluding the library functions described in chapter 2, which implement system calls. There are various function groups which can be identified by a letter which is appended to the chapter number:
- These functions, the functions from chapter 2 and from chapter 3S are contained in the C standard library libc, which will be used by cc(1) by default.
- These functions are parts of the stdio(3) library. They are contained in the standard C library libc.
- These functions are contained in the arithmetic library libm. They are used by the f77(1) FORTRAN compiler by default, but not by the cc(1) C compiler, which needs the option -lm.
- These functions are part of the FORTRAN library libF77. There are no special compiler flags needed to use these functions.
- Various special libraries. The manual pages documenting their functions specify the library names.
AUTHORSLook at the header of the manual page for the author(s) and copyright conditions. Note that these can be different from page to page!