dumpe2fs(8) -- Linux man page
NAMEdumpe2fs - dump ext2/ext3 filesystem information
SYNOPSISdumpe2fs [ -bfhixV ] [ -ob superblock ] [ -oB blocksize ] device
DESCRIPTIONdumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device.
- print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem.
- -ob superblock
- use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corupted filesystem.
- -oB blocksize
- use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corupted filesystem.
- force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect).
- only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information.
- display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file.
- print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format
- print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit.
BUGSYou need to know the physical filesystem structure to understand the output.
AUTHORdumpe2fs was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
AVAILABILITYdumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net.
SEE ALSOe2fsck(8), mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8)