grub-install(8) -- Linux man page
NAMEgrub-install - install GRUB on your drive
SYNOPSISgrub-install [OPTION] install_device
DESCRIPTIONInstall GRUB on your drive.
- -h, --help
- print this message and exit
- -v, --version
- print the version information and exit
- install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory
- use FILE as the grub shell
- do not probe any floppy drive
- force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS
probe a device map even if it already exists
This option is unreliable and its use is strongly discouraged.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <email@example.com>.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info grub-install
should give you access to the complete manual.