saslpasswd(8) -- Linux man page
NAMEsaslpasswd - set a user's sasl password
SYNOPSISsaslpasswd [-p] [-d] [-c] [-u domain] [-a appname] userid
DESCRIPTIONsaslpasswd is used by a server administrator to set a user's sasl password for server programs and SASL mechanisms which use the standard libsasl database of user secrets.
- Pipe mode - saslpasswd will neither prompt for the password nor verify that it was entered correctly. This is the default when standard input is not a terminal.
- Creates an entry for the user if the user doesn't already exist. This is mutually exclusive with the -d (delete user) flag.
- Deletes the entry for the user. This is mutually exclusive with the -c (create user) flag.
- -u domain
- use domain for user domain (realm).
- -a appname
- use appname as application name.
SEE ALSOrfc2222 - Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)